News and Events
Elementary Teaching Positions 2021-2022
- March 10, 2021
- Posted by: Louis Goldberg
- Category: Eagle News
2021-2022 School Year (10-month contract beginning August 2021)
Position: Full-Time Elementary Teachers (Anticipate a number of openings)
Closing Date: open until filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Description: Saint Matthew’s School in Virginia Beach, VA is currently seeking VA state certified elementary (K-5) teachers that can inspire students to become faith-filled leaders. The successful candidates must be enthusiastic role models who are passionate about sharing the Catholic faith.
Qualified candidates should be able to:
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school.
- Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Grade papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become habit.
- Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school no matter what.
- All candidates should be able to advise students effectively and otherwise contribute to the life of the school outside the classroom.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and application to Louis L. Goldberg, Principal: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to St. Matthew’s School, 3316 Sandra Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23464.