Tuition Assistance Application Process (Deadline March 1, 2017)
St. Matthew’s School uses the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to conduct a financial needs analysis for tuition assistance. In addition, the Catholic Diocese of Richmond has allocated funding from the McMahon Parater Foundation for Education (MPFE) for tuition assistance in the 2017-2018 school year.
FACTS also will be conducting the financial needs analysis for The Diocese of Richmond for the upcoming school year. Families applying for financial aid from the school and/or MPFE will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. If you apply for financial aid from St. Matthew’s, you are automatically eligible for aid consideration from the Diocese. You DO NOT need to apply twice.
- Assistance is available to families who have children registered in Kindergarten Prep through Grade Eight.
- Applicants will be asked to submit necessary financial information to the FACTS Management Grant and Financial Aid
- All applications are to be completed online with FACTS.
- Applicants can apply online by clicking here.
The following information is required in order for FACTS to process your application:
- Completed online application
- Payment of the $30 application fee.
- Copies of your 2015 or 2016 tax return including all schedules
- Copies of your 2016 W2 for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security income, welfare, child support, food stamps, workers’ compensation and TANF.
- Mail, FAX or upload copies of supporting documents to FACTS by March 1, 2017 to:
FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment
PO Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Or fax supporting documents (you may use the school fax) to 866-315-9264.
- Tuition Assistance decisions are made after review by the Principal and Finance Committee of the School Advisory Board prior to start of the school year.
- All applications must be completed by March 1, 2017, in order to be eligible for assistance. That means all required/requested documents, especially Forms 1040 and W-2, have been received by FACTS Grant and Aid Management on or before March 1, 2017.
- Self-employed families who have not previously applied are eligible to submit their documentation by July 1, 2017 for a second round of funding.
- If you have questions, please contact the Business Office.
To be eligible for tuition assistance consideration, the child’s application must have been completed and accepted by St. Matthew’s School. Additionally, all accounts with St. Matthew’s must be current including tuition, cafeteria, bus, band and after-care.
St. Matthew’s School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin or gender in awarding financial aid. The award is based on available funds, the financial need of the family and the number of applicants the school has for financial aid.
One FACTS application covers students attending any school in the Diocese.
St. Matthew’s tuition assistance allocation will be made by May 31, 2017. Award letters for MPFE will be made to eligible families by June 30, 2017.
For more information, please contact a FACTS Customer Care representative at 1-866-315-9262.